Eat Me ~ Friday, August 7, 2026
John 6:57
57
Just as the living Father sent me, and I live because of the Father, so whoever eats me will live because of me.
57
Just as the living Father sent me, and I live because of the Father, so whoever eats me will live because of me.
---
Just because...is that not enough for you,
until I met her, I chose death, my own
sitting still as a monk, clouds in my mind
throwaway lives, how sad, gray skies turn blue
answer the question before me, this pain
search the whole universe, my skin is brown
the fact that I cannot see, am I blind
honestly, what is the point to this life
each day, I wake up with nothing to gain
living so long, I feel like an old man
invest in the future, is that a joke
visions of suffering, the world to span
insist that others must feel just how broke
normal people, ever so full of strife
give guidance, as if full of light, what lies
Father, I met a young woman, we spoke
as if we knew each other, as old friends
thanks for all the angels, all in disguise
however, I still cannot make much sense
each day, with no money, I wake up broke
really, what is the point, sorrow ascends
suffering all around, what is beyond
even without this pain, feel the difference
no one regards anyone else with love
tell me the secret to their wealth, kindness
means charity, the beloved, I shove
emptiness aside, hope full of blindness
ask me to kneel and pray, float in a pond
nothing but ducks and geese and swans and fish
decisions make the chosen path appear
I did not choose this life, I made the best
left with consequences, I make a wish
if to displace a child from their homeland
virtually ignorant and unclear
energetic and lost, unlike the rest
because I was not like the rest, brother
entertainment came easily, how grand
cousin, a tag team of terror, childhood
asks too many questions, the penalty
understood much too late, karma in blood
serves to remember my mistakes, faulty
entitlement in the new world, mother
of God, the son of the father, I weep
for what is the point of all this, I miss
the just deserts, whatever I did wrong
how could I know, is this hell where I sleep
enter the Afterlife, subtle but real
Father, are you in a tin box, kiss-kiss
as dead as they who choose not to belong
that I am thirsty for this life, too late
honor thy father and mother, I steal
each soul, a wraith, no faith, I creep, a mouse
right into your house, right into your bed
sovereign as I imagine that I grouse
obnoxiously, keep it all in my head
where is the key to unlock a checkmate
how glimmers this difference, we met as ships
on their way to unspoken ports, passing
eternal fancy, click for a minute
visions of release, desire what grips
emptiness with one hand clapping, the sound
reminds me of a riddle, when kissing
each other on the lips, there in the gut
as butterflies devour the oceans
time stands still, stops as pure memories found
sovereign nations on a grand scale, I miss
my time in these moments, now I am old
effervescent as soda pop, I kiss
wisdom goodbye, what is the point, all gold
indeed is poverty of emotions
llama on my tote, a brand, on the train
learning nothing worthwhile, Cotopaxi
low volcano grabs the moon by her neck
insidious and insipid, my brain
views this panorama in pajamas
empty my bladder and catch a taxi
burn the proverbial fire on deck
emerge out of consequences, the past
circumstances set the stage, burn your bras
assault an officer, taste anarchy
until a moment later, full of rage
serve and protect oblige patriarchy
empirical as flesh and blood, the page
of history torn out, nothing will last
forget the dance of victory, I knew
mentioned in passing, two ships, as I drown
empires rise and fall, this much, I find
Just because...is that not enough for you,
until I met her, I chose death, my own
sitting still as a monk, clouds in my mind
throwaway lives, how sad, gray skies turn blue
answer the question before me, this pain
search the whole universe, my skin is brown
the fact that I cannot see, am I blind
honestly, what is the point to this life
each day, I wake up with nothing to gain
living so long, I feel like an old man
invest in the future, is that a joke
visions of suffering, the world to span
insist that others must feel just how broke
normal people, ever so full of strife
give guidance, as if full of light, what lies
Father, I met a young woman, we spoke
as if we knew each other, as old friends
thanks for all the angels, all in disguise
however, I still cannot make much sense
each day, with no money, I wake up broke
really, what is the point, sorrow ascends
suffering all around, what is beyond
even without this pain, feel the difference
no one regards anyone else with love
tell me the secret to their wealth, kindness
means charity, the beloved, I shove
emptiness aside, hope full of blindness
ask me to kneel and pray, float in a pond
nothing but ducks and geese and swans and fish
decisions make the chosen path appear
I did not choose this life, I made the best
left with consequences, I make a wish
if to displace a child from their homeland
virtually ignorant and unclear
energetic and lost, unlike the rest
because I was not like the rest, brother
entertainment came easily, how grand
cousin, a tag team of terror, childhood
asks too many questions, the penalty
understood much too late, karma in blood
serves to remember my mistakes, faulty
entitlement in the new world, mother
of God, the son of the father, I weep
for what is the point of all this, I miss
the just deserts, whatever I did wrong
how could I know, is this hell where I sleep
enter the Afterlife, subtle but real
Father, are you in a tin box, kiss-kiss
as dead as they who choose not to belong
that I am thirsty for this life, too late
honor thy father and mother, I steal
each soul, a wraith, no faith, I creep, a mouse
right into your house, right into your bed
sovereign as I imagine that I grouse
obnoxiously, keep it all in my head
where is the key to unlock a checkmate
how glimmers this difference, we met as ships
on their way to unspoken ports, passing
eternal fancy, click for a minute
visions of release, desire what grips
emptiness with one hand clapping, the sound
reminds me of a riddle, when kissing
each other on the lips, there in the gut
as butterflies devour the oceans
time stands still, stops as pure memories found
sovereign nations on a grand scale, I miss
my time in these moments, now I am old
effervescent as soda pop, I kiss
wisdom goodbye, what is the point, all gold
indeed is poverty of emotions
llama on my tote, a brand, on the train
learning nothing worthwhile, Cotopaxi
low volcano grabs the moon by her neck
insidious and insipid, my brain
views this panorama in pajamas
empty my bladder and catch a taxi
burn the proverbial fire on deck
emerge out of consequences, the past
circumstances set the stage, burn your bras
assault an officer, taste anarchy
until a moment later, full of rage
serve and protect oblige patriarchy
empirical as flesh and blood, the page
of history torn out, nothing will last
forget the dance of victory, I knew
mentioned in passing, two ships, as I drown
empires rise and fall, this much, I find
Comments
Post a Comment