A Prayer for the Dying ~ Thursday, July 30, 2026
Dear God,
Yes, I am ready to Glock out
ever so, ever so...what is the point
aspire to burn the house down, tired
really, ever so, ever so...I doubt
God forbid that I do anything good
or worthwhile, my God, is time out of joint
decidedly, they say, I am fired
Yes! Freedom, liberty, release, at last
echoes of a bygone era, dead wood
smolders, charcoal embers, burn down the house
I know that I am wrong for this world, wrong
as stranger danger, a foreign-born mouse
murdered by politics, just for a song
ready to give up the ghost, an outcast
empty vessel no one can fill, broken
as a child, a little too wild, unsafe
decide to pay less attention, let go
yes, responsibility, unspoken
tolerable for some, or for no one
obey the rules, go to school, a naïf
Glock muzzle sniffs my soft palate, just so
left to my own devices, I grew up
obviously, choices I made alone
consequences for my actions, duty
kindness, and love but no one do I trust
only Death and my final breath, beauty
understands to keep far away, lick rust
trigger the bullet, I drink from this cup
Yes, I am ready to Glock out
ever so, ever so...what is the point
aspire to burn the house down, tired
really, ever so, ever so...I doubt
God forbid that I do anything good
or worthwhile, my God, is time out of joint
decidedly, they say, I am fired
Yes! Freedom, liberty, release, at last
echoes of a bygone era, dead wood
smolders, charcoal embers, burn down the house
I know that I am wrong for this world, wrong
as stranger danger, a foreign-born mouse
murdered by politics, just for a song
ready to give up the ghost, an outcast
empty vessel no one can fill, broken
as a child, a little too wild, unsafe
decide to pay less attention, let go
yes, responsibility, unspoken
tolerable for some, or for no one
obey the rules, go to school, a naïf
Glock muzzle sniffs my soft palate, just so
left to my own devices, I grew up
obviously, choices I made alone
consequences for my actions, duty
kindness, and love but no one do I trust
only Death and my final breath, beauty
understands to keep far away, lick rust
trigger the bullet, I drink from this cup
Comments
Post a Comment