As the Chinese Fortune Cookie Crumbles ~ Wednesday, July 22, 2026
To fall asleep in my hoodie, so nice
To say the day was long, hyperbole
of course, I was tired, I am old now
forget that I woke up at six o'clock
as if that were a big deal, now at three
lest I forget, the farmers of the world
little do I know, wake to milk a cow
and sailors wait outside on a cold dock
so meeting, work, and then to go running
little do I see my fingerprints whorled
each to their own, as common and mundane
everyone knows but me, I want to sleep
please, a little luxury is insane
in this world, workers of the world are sheep
no one will mind if people are cunning
maybe, of myself, a little ahead
yes, convoluted, in my head, I get
help me to overcome my own soft brain
only, I wake in my hoodie, in bed
only, this is not a fortune cookie
despite the fact, you know, we just met
if I could tell you, right here, on the train
escape, as fast and as far as you can
so you do not hear about my bookie
only he cuts off hands and feet, so kind
nice, nice, so very nice, children play nice
in this world, a playground, encounter mind
cute how adults are grown children, advice
engineer a sound life, meters to scan
To say the day was long, hyperbole
of course, I was tired, I am old now
forget that I woke up at six o'clock
as if that were a big deal, now at three
lest I forget, the farmers of the world
little do I know, wake to milk a cow
and sailors wait outside on a cold dock
so meeting, work, and then to go running
little do I see my fingerprints whorled
each to their own, as common and mundane
everyone knows but me, I want to sleep
please, a little luxury is insane
in this world, workers of the world are sheep
no one will mind if people are cunning
maybe, of myself, a little ahead
yes, convoluted, in my head, I get
help me to overcome my own soft brain
only, I wake in my hoodie, in bed
only, this is not a fortune cookie
despite the fact, you know, we just met
if I could tell you, right here, on the train
escape, as fast and as far as you can
so you do not hear about my bookie
only he cuts off hands and feet, so kind
nice, nice, so very nice, children play nice
in this world, a playground, encounter mind
cute how adults are grown children, advice
engineer a sound life, meters to scan
Comments
Post a Comment