Inside a Box in Evanston, a Book ~ Wednesday, July 22, 2026

A Letter for Toad

Anais, dear friend, I found you a book

Literally, a guilty pleasure, child
each time I see you, I sense a big smile
to think we were friends before we met, look
to other people that sounds like nonsense
each time I see you, I become quite mild
rather gentle and playful, all the while

forgetting the fact: I am an old man
or an old crab, Cancer, as my defense
really, long ago, I was a good boy

Tomorrow, I may no longer be here
of course, espresso is a simple joy
and to read, Frog and Toad Are Friends, I fear
definitely, your eyes would like to scan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ideology and Strife ~ Sunday, March 30, 2025

Report from the Besieged City ~ Friday, December 26, 2025

Easy Fun Run at Pace ~ Tuesday, December 9, 2025