All Creation in the Blink of an Eye ~ Thursday, August 27, 2026
If I lived this life all over again
for the eternal return of the same
I would write this poem on the toilet
like I am doing now, I would do, then
if now is then, again, and then is now
versions of the same story, without blame
every day, exactly the same, I bet
dice rolled differently, I may not look twice
this life of suffering, full of sorrow
his mind was the same, just slightly different
in this life, or the next, would I notice
still, allegedly, I would know, I sent
life a letter asking for happiness
if I ask for love, a little more spice
for me, too much of a good thing is fun
except the pendulum swings with my mood
again and again, this same life, say no
life is variety, burnt by the sun
life is unexpected, otherwise dull
over and over, learn never to brood
versions of the same tale, as I now know
endlessly the same thing, nothing changes
return of the same, to watch a seagull
again and again, must I say, yes, yes
give an affirmation, not once but twice
according to Deleuze, if I say less
if I could just keep mum, whiskey on ice
no thanks, never again, no exchanges
for the eternal return of the same
I would write this poem on the toilet
like I am doing now, I would do, then
if now is then, again, and then is now
versions of the same story, without blame
every day, exactly the same, I bet
dice rolled differently, I may not look twice
this life of suffering, full of sorrow
his mind was the same, just slightly different
in this life, or the next, would I notice
still, allegedly, I would know, I sent
life a letter asking for happiness
if I ask for love, a little more spice
for me, too much of a good thing is fun
except the pendulum swings with my mood
again and again, this same life, say no
life is variety, burnt by the sun
life is unexpected, otherwise dull
over and over, learn never to brood
versions of the same tale, as I now know
endlessly the same thing, nothing changes
return of the same, to watch a seagull
again and again, must I say, yes, yes
give an affirmation, not once but twice
according to Deleuze, if I say less
if I could just keep mum, whiskey on ice
no thanks, never again, no exchanges
Comments
Post a Comment