Down Memory Lane ~ Saturday, August 8, 2026
Do you remember when we were children
of course, you pinned me down and tickled me
yet, because this took place behind closed doors
of course, so much more happened in our house
understood, mom and dad were gone at work
remember how you were a child back then
each time, I look back, I remember this
memories are funny that way, trauma
enfolds just like diverticulitis
maybe foreshadowing how dad would die
blurry, fifty years later, the torture
each time, I look back, I remember pain
remember inexpressible sorrow
when you have no one to turn to, family
honestly, for many, an ugly word
each time, I look back, more out of habit
not just a need to remember the hurt
we were not close and would never be close
each time, proximity nearly killed me
were children meant to be left all alone
each time, you blew your bad breath in my face
remember, mom called me an elephant
each time, like when we found our Keeshond dead
children are known not to be nice or kind
how did I survive our childhood with you
in a nutshell, I went mad like Hamlet
like I had seen a ghost in the mirror
despite the fact that I survived, I died
really, no one understands how wind blows
each time, the Spirit came to protect me
no one understood, my soul, good and dead
of course, you pinned me down and tickled me
yet, because this took place behind closed doors
of course, so much more happened in our house
understood, mom and dad were gone at work
remember how you were a child back then
each time, I look back, I remember this
memories are funny that way, trauma
enfolds just like diverticulitis
maybe foreshadowing how dad would die
blurry, fifty years later, the torture
each time, I look back, I remember pain
remember inexpressible sorrow
when you have no one to turn to, family
honestly, for many, an ugly word
each time, I look back, more out of habit
not just a need to remember the hurt
we were not close and would never be close
each time, proximity nearly killed me
were children meant to be left all alone
each time, you blew your bad breath in my face
remember, mom called me an elephant
each time, like when we found our Keeshond dead
children are known not to be nice or kind
how did I survive our childhood with you
in a nutshell, I went mad like Hamlet
like I had seen a ghost in the mirror
despite the fact that I survived, I died
really, no one understands how wind blows
each time, the Spirit came to protect me
no one understood, my soul, good and dead
Comments
Post a Comment