I ask not out of sorrow, but in wonder. ~ Saturday, August 15, 2026

Never say never, as they say, they point
empty-handed at the moon, the master
views at once all possible perspectives
empty-headed, I see his finger joint
restless, tired, and overworked, no joy

sucks to be me, this life, a disaster
as I will never understand, what gives
yet I see the beauty in misfortune

never again will I be a small boy
emptiness sucks me into a black hole
viewpoints extended to spaghetti length
empty the trash, feed the cat, what a goal
remember the dream lost, gone, without strength

absent from fear of drug abuse, I spoon
something black in my sleep, Juju, my cat

thankful for food, cares for Papa Kitty
hang me in your place, end my life instead
exactly what I feel, a baseball bat
yet so long ago, broke my nose, clueless

surface to air missiles, what a pity
adventure for the young, inside my head
yes, all I feel is heartbroken, no hope

theater, the limelight, I must confess
how I know how little you care, I slide
each day, week after week, into routine
yet, no one but myself seeks to confide

perhaps to see the hare, the hand once seen
or the man no longer alive, I grope
in the dark for meaning, time out of joint
nothing but suffering, we run faster
towards the finish line, the poet lives

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ideology and Strife ~ Sunday, March 30, 2025

Report from the Besieged City ~ Friday, December 26, 2025

Nothing Changes ~ Saturday, December 27, 2025