Sublimation ~ Wednesday, August 26, 2026
Why is six scared? Because seven ate nine.
Why are things this way, what if they were otherwise, I asked my brother
how he would just sigh, wishful thinking on his part, things were otherwise
yes, he found me dull and dimwitted as a child, a boy with no sense
is this all there is, is there not an escape hatch, go ask your mother
so much like his dad, my dad, too, as I was told, question everything
suck up to no one, take a beating like a man, love wears a disguise
insecurities, two boys from foreign countries, it makes a difference
xenophobia in the land of slavery, the former slave trade
suck it up, beat boys, ripe mangoes in the jet age, the zebra crossing
care for some answers, ask not my older brother, he could not care less
as for the distress, as to the pink elephant, walking on eggshells
rest assured, no one talked about their trust issues, their feelings, I guess
everyone forgives the alcoholic at home, in meetings, hell's bells
denial, a force magnetic in its nature, in time, feelings fade
But do feelings fade, or do they become triggers beneath the surface
empty of meaning, without investigation, the detectives watch
car after car pass, waiting for the right signal, red flags and green lights
answers to questions, grown-ups fucked up by childhood, their lives in disgrace
understanding grief and loss makes all the difference, forgive and forget
simple but not so simple, not easy at all, with your kids, play catch
empty and hollow inside, the point of all this, not to get in fights
seven ate nine, scared six, react to deep-seated fears, I am the other
everybody loves to eat children up, so cute, devour the lies
visions so ideal, how do I make practical, am I just too dense
embark as to sail on a journey far away, mother and brother
not me, why not me, since I get motion sickness, am I not nothing
as a pacifist, I am too belligerent for revolution
tickles me, Elmo, tickles my funny bone, no, for Lawrence, I bet
entered the Levant, fought in the Arab Revolt, against the Empire
none less than the Turks, the Sublime Ottoman Stare, whatever that means
if history proves correct then the victors write with pants on fire
nothing but abuse, this is all I remember, what fun, counting beans
every day, I think, what if things were otherwise, be the solution
Why are things this way, what if they were otherwise, I asked my brother
how he would just sigh, wishful thinking on his part, things were otherwise
yes, he found me dull and dimwitted as a child, a boy with no sense
is this all there is, is there not an escape hatch, go ask your mother
so much like his dad, my dad, too, as I was told, question everything
suck up to no one, take a beating like a man, love wears a disguise
insecurities, two boys from foreign countries, it makes a difference
xenophobia in the land of slavery, the former slave trade
suck it up, beat boys, ripe mangoes in the jet age, the zebra crossing
care for some answers, ask not my older brother, he could not care less
as for the distress, as to the pink elephant, walking on eggshells
rest assured, no one talked about their trust issues, their feelings, I guess
everyone forgives the alcoholic at home, in meetings, hell's bells
denial, a force magnetic in its nature, in time, feelings fade
But do feelings fade, or do they become triggers beneath the surface
empty of meaning, without investigation, the detectives watch
car after car pass, waiting for the right signal, red flags and green lights
answers to questions, grown-ups fucked up by childhood, their lives in disgrace
understanding grief and loss makes all the difference, forgive and forget
simple but not so simple, not easy at all, with your kids, play catch
empty and hollow inside, the point of all this, not to get in fights
seven ate nine, scared six, react to deep-seated fears, I am the other
everybody loves to eat children up, so cute, devour the lies
visions so ideal, how do I make practical, am I just too dense
embark as to sail on a journey far away, mother and brother
not me, why not me, since I get motion sickness, am I not nothing
as a pacifist, I am too belligerent for revolution
tickles me, Elmo, tickles my funny bone, no, for Lawrence, I bet
entered the Levant, fought in the Arab Revolt, against the Empire
none less than the Turks, the Sublime Ottoman Stare, whatever that means
if history proves correct then the victors write with pants on fire
nothing but abuse, this is all I remember, what fun, counting beans
every day, I think, what if things were otherwise, be the solution
Comments
Post a Comment