Non sequitur follows absurdity ~ Sunday, September 20, 2026

Must be nice to be beautiful and young

Maybe, decades ago, I felt the same
understanding my future self as mind
still as a placid lake, I ache to feel
terrible at best, is it all a scheme

believe in grains of sand, all seem alike
each individual falls on command

neutral tones in the fall, only a fool
ignorant in folly, wisdom keeps bliss
censoriously at arm's length, a lake
emerges from below, everywhere calm

torrential rain, nobody cares, puddles
overwhelming the land, muddy golem

better to connect, play ping-pong, paddles
engage in symbolic combat, I bless

beautiful typhoons in the Pacific
empty the mind, palpable as the wind
access to the breath of life before death
unbelievably naive, in effect
timorous as a hanta virus mouse
if I could tap a top hat with a wand
full of the idea of magic, a tooth
underneath a pillow waits for money
left in exchange for faith as to amaze

answer me why AI sits in a tomb
not unaware of the news in Le Monde
different but not difficult as to fail

young children look forward for some reason
obsessed by wealth, by beauty, by excess
until the drawbridge goes back up, raising
nothing but expectations, to exist
given with grace is enough for many

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ideology and Strife ~ Sunday, March 30, 2025

Report from the Besieged City ~ Friday, December 26, 2025

Nothing Changes ~ Saturday, December 27, 2025