Take Five for Satori, a Three-year Old ~ Monday, September 7, 2026
Strange, as a teen, I did not realize
Silly me, not to be born as Buddha
transcend this world and all phenomena
reality becomes present-at-hand
arguments lost sit within a mudra
no gaining thoughts sit within emptiness
given loving-kindness, Philomena
everything, you see, castles made of sand
as a child, how I did not realize
sorrow as suffering and loneliness
aggression masks the triggers of the past
terror feeds upon past trauma, mama
every day is the same, the die is cast
everyone looks the other way, llama
notes our delusions of grandeur, surprise
I was born in Bombay, as you may know
difficult to forgive, not knowing why
innocence as a child destroyed by chance
destroyed by choice, Performance, a game show
nothing but ten years of horror and shame
obviously, I must transcend the sky
touch a cloud, as ships pass, a look askance
rebounds off the backboard, off the blackboard
enter grade school, already crushed, to blame
another for my fate, I have no voice
learn to accept the bad with what is good
internalize, "What is truth?" A Rolls-Royce
zebra razzle dazzle print on dead wood
evokes my friends, guitarists strike a chord
Silly me, not to be born as Buddha
transcend this world and all phenomena
reality becomes present-at-hand
arguments lost sit within a mudra
no gaining thoughts sit within emptiness
given loving-kindness, Philomena
everything, you see, castles made of sand
as a child, how I did not realize
sorrow as suffering and loneliness
aggression masks the triggers of the past
terror feeds upon past trauma, mama
every day is the same, the die is cast
everyone looks the other way, llama
notes our delusions of grandeur, surprise
I was born in Bombay, as you may know
difficult to forgive, not knowing why
innocence as a child destroyed by chance
destroyed by choice, Performance, a game show
nothing but ten years of horror and shame
obviously, I must transcend the sky
touch a cloud, as ships pass, a look askance
rebounds off the backboard, off the blackboard
enter grade school, already crushed, to blame
another for my fate, I have no voice
learn to accept the bad with what is good
internalize, "What is truth?" A Rolls-Royce
zebra razzle dazzle print on dead wood
evokes my friends, guitarists strike a chord
Comments
Post a Comment