To Wake Up and Write Poetry ~ Friday, October 2, 2026
At this point in my life, what do I want
to eat a slice of German chocolate cake
this is no big deal for others, a taste
hits me with dairy and sugar, I vent
in this safe space because you understand
suffering from allergies, if I puke
puke, puke on cold gray stones, you see, the twist
only makes no difference, my teeth erode
in the case of bulimia, I spend
needless time worrying about the time
time as a commodity to enjoy
in this world, to reflect upon the chrome
nothing too distorted, happy and gay
my how things change, as language takes a ride
yes, I want to have my cake and eat it
life is simple but not so easy, choose
if it makes you sick, then it is poison
for you, but for others, they take a shot
every time, they pull the trigger, they live
what do I want, to let go on a chaise
hat in hand, pen in hand, snug as a gun
at this point, to be like others, no joke
the joke is otherwise, for without love
D'oh! says Homer Simpson, everyone loves
old cartoon characters, as he behaves
I imagine without egg on his face
waste not, want not, everything in the trash
ants scout the picnic grounds, to find a piece
not just a morsel but my only wish
to eat a slice of German chocolate cake
to eat a slice of German chocolate cake
this is no big deal for others, a taste
hits me with dairy and sugar, I vent
in this safe space because you understand
suffering from allergies, if I puke
puke, puke on cold gray stones, you see, the twist
only makes no difference, my teeth erode
in the case of bulimia, I spend
needless time worrying about the time
time as a commodity to enjoy
in this world, to reflect upon the chrome
nothing too distorted, happy and gay
my how things change, as language takes a ride
yes, I want to have my cake and eat it
life is simple but not so easy, choose
if it makes you sick, then it is poison
for you, but for others, they take a shot
every time, they pull the trigger, they live
what do I want, to let go on a chaise
hat in hand, pen in hand, snug as a gun
at this point, to be like others, no joke
the joke is otherwise, for without love
D'oh! says Homer Simpson, everyone loves
old cartoon characters, as he behaves
I imagine without egg on his face
waste not, want not, everything in the trash
ants scout the picnic grounds, to find a piece
not just a morsel but my only wish
to eat a slice of German chocolate cake
Comments
Post a Comment